Getting Started – For Students
Step 1 - Review the Technology Requirements
To ensure Collabra works properly for you, IDENTIFY the device you’ll be using Collabra with and READ the technology requirements below for that device.
Collabra for Computers (laptop / desktop)
When accessing Collabra on a desktop or laptop, you MUST use the Google Chrome web browser. You can download the Google Chrome web browser for desktop by visiting the following link: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html.
For help with the installation, visit Google’s help page.
Collabra for iOS
The Collabra iOS app is available for iPhone 4 and up and iPad 2 and up running iOS version 7 or higher. Students can download the iOS app by visiting the following link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/collabra-music/id906121082?mt=8.
Collabra for Android
The Android app is available for Android devices running Android OS version 4.1 or higher. It is important to note that the Android app only allows audio recordings (not video recordings). Students can download the Android app by visiting the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.collabramusic.collabra&hl=en.
On newer Android devices running Android OS version 5.0 or higher, students CAN record audio and video footage by bypassing the app, and directly accessing the Collabra website. Students do this by signing into their student account at (www.collabramusic.com) via the Google Chrome for Android mobile browser.*
*NOTE: We suggest that students try recording a quick practice to ensure that everything works properly on their device.
Step 2 - Sign Up for Your Account
- In your Google Chrome web browser, go to https://collabramusic.com/ and click on the “Student Sign Up” button in the top menu.
- You can also visit the following link: https://collabramusic.com/signup/index.php#/
- Enter the required information, including the Course Code your instructor gave you.
- If your instructor didn’t give you a Course Code you can still sign up for your account, but you can’t connect to your instructor’s account.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button.
- You may have to wait briefly while your account is being built. Don’t click on the “Sign Up” button during this process.
- Once your account is built, you will see the Student Home Page.